Friday, May 31, 2013

No news is good news

the team!
Howdy!

Just finished up with pre field training. It was absolutely incredible. It was a blast and the people there were so so cool. The first day at pre field I wanted to just skip it and head straight to Honduras, but I am SO thankful for every second I got to spend there. It challenged me and prepared my heart to go. God taught me so much from those few days I had there. From team building to being thankful for my weaknesses so that I can rely on God's strength. I definitely feel way more prepared for the field now.We had several meetings and group activities. My favorite was the ropes course. So tiring but the team building was awesome! The last night we spend an hour and a half in prayer and it was SO cool to have so many people praying for me!
One of the things they told us there is that 'No news is good news'. That means that they don't want us contacting home very much at all. Our purpose is to connect to the people group there, and in order to do that is to disconnect from home. Since I only get a short time to be in Honduras, I want to give it my all. I want to be fully focused there. So forgive me if I do not contact you or blog as much as I want.  However, I will try to update once a week or once every other week.
I am so excited that God chose me to serve this summer!
PRAYER:
  • Traveling safety(going through customs, not getting sick on the plane/bus ride)
  • Language barrier
  • For me to be a servant and have a servants heart
  • To come back changed

My team in prefield (mexiduras)

we go hard

boys showing off

Thank you all so much!
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment