Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013

So this isn't really an update on life, but this was on my heart today and I had some down time, so i decided to write:
As I sit here in my room, without electricity for about the 5th time since I've been here, my body tells me to complain-no fans, no water, no toilet.. etc-- But the tug on my heart tell me to be thankful. To spend this time rejoicing in this opportunity. Remembering that has God chosen me to be here this summer. Even though he doesn't need me, he has placed me in La Ceiba, Honduras for this time. He desires for me to earnestly seek Him with or without electricity. Rejoice, pray, give thanks. (1 Thes 5). Moments like this I could easily complain or be frustrated, but in this I will rejoice.
Some of the boys that I work in the street boys ministry have nothing. Their 'house's' are scrap metal sides and roofs. No floor, no lights, no bathroom. These luxuries that I so easily take for granted, and even though they are out now, I know that they will be back on in a few hours, those boys have grown up without. So I have no reason to complain. I must continually remember to give thanks and remember to always make sure my actions reflect Christ. Because even though my words are few with the boys, my actions can speak loudly.
I am also very thankful for the breeze coming through my window. Because the drops running down my back are slowly turning into a puddle.. lovely.
Until next time.

(ps. sorry to all you English major people (KEN), there's no edit button.. I do art for a reason.)

washing clothes by hand. New experiences every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment