Thursday, June 6, 2013

me gusta el sol


...this is the result of a dance party.
Hola y que pasa!
Well, this is my second blog since being here and my heart is SO overjoyed to be here and working. I literally am so amazed by God's grace and his love every day. My team is so cool. Totally reminds me of the verses in 2 Corinthians 12: 17-21 --  .17If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?18But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.19If they were all one member, where would the body be?20But now there are many members, but one body..
It's so comforting&reassuring to know that God has placed each one of us here for a reason all to work together to glorify HIS name. I am so pumped for the rest of the summer.
Well so far I have been working with the street boys every day which is so much fun. Each day, we teach a Bible lesson and eat lunch and we play. They love playing soccer and so maybe they'll teach me a thing or two. They are also helping me with spanish. Some of the boys call me 'gringa' (which means white girl) because they say my pronunciation is awful. They are always good at correcting me though!:)
*brain jump* There are several missions teams coming for one week at a time, and the first team comes on 15th of June. Once they arrive, I will start being the 'dorm mom'. I get to COOK and help out with all the dorming stuff once they get here! So basically, I prepare the meals for the teams and get to have some fun with the Honduran food menu! (how much cooler can this get) So, my typical day will be like so: wake up at 530, help with breakfast& lunch, clean, work with the street boys, prepare dinner, work with short term teams. (something like that). Pretty neat if you ask me.
Continue to remember team Honduras in your prayers! Specifially for me with my spanish and to fully rely on God's strength each day.
I hope this filled yall in a little bit more.
Thank you for your prayers!
Until next time.
Chiki is the sweetest little boy!

they like to wrestle. I still won!
fellow soccer buddies!

oh... and i maybe have a blue streak in my hair now. #sorrymom #blueforHonduras



No comments:

Post a Comment