Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Theres no place i'd rather be than here in YOUR love.

"I pray for a servants heart" .. this was my prayer for weeks leading up to come to Honduras. I read in Philippians 2:7 that 'Jesus made himself nothing and took upon the form of a servant.'.. so I prayed I would take on the form of a servant. And shew, has the Lord been teaching me how to be a servant! Talk about ask and you shall receive. This was the first week of having a team here, and we had 26 people! It was an awesome team to start with. They were so very helpful and very fun to serve! But there is a lot of prep work that goes into hosting teams. I've also been learning a lot about my weaknesses. And I'm SO glad Jesus is strong when I am weak. We have had several minor problems along the way such as floor leaks, frig breaks, cars problems- but all of those just show that material things come and go. While reading through the book of 2 Corinthians, the word 'boast' is a reoccurring theme. I want to boast in the Lord like Paul does! 'I will not boast in anything. No gifts nor powers nor wisdom, but I will boast in Jesus Christ'.(one of my favorite songs 'How deep the Fathers love'). The Lord has been laying that heavy on my heart. I have nothing to boast about but Jesus Christ...I could write 37 pages on how much the Lord is doing in my heart and life and all the things I am thankful for! But the spark notes version is this: I am truly blessed to be a part of team Honduras. I know that this is exactly where I am supposed to be. Working as the cook for the teams is not an easy job. I am the first one in the kitchen and the last one out, but it is so worth it. Knowing that bellies are full and happy. It's a good thing I like to cook!  I don't get to work with the street boys as much any more because prepping& cooking is like an all day thing. But I still covet your prayers for them! They are so precious to my heart!  I'm thankful for each of your prayers. 
It also monsooned all week. so that was another fun little twist..
 You can continue to pray for:
  • The street boys- them knowing the love of Jesus. Understanding that they have a purpose in life. Us being able to know how to love them. Protection from evil out on the streets.
  • Team Honduras- short term and long term missionaries here. Each one of us building relationships with Hondurans. And a praise for the unity we have as a team
  • My motives be pure. Remember that all my actions should reflect Christ.
  • Continual ENERGY. 
Sweet missionary kids have been so fun to hang with

Skinny dog. Dont feel sorry for him though, he's picky.

Elias!Honduran little fella

So thankful for this guy. Skyping with my man makes me one happy girl. 



Honduras Futbol is a big deal!

This is Kelvin. This boy definitely needs  your prayers.

National anthem during USA vs. Honduras soccer game!




No comments:

Post a Comment