Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fun adventure day!

nature is a wonderful playground

Today was quite a fun day. So I'm gonna story tell it to you.
Well, today was the first day in a long time that I didn't need to do something immediately when I woke up; so it was very nice sleeping in til 6:15! I made chocolate chip muffins (which were quite tasty) and then got ready for gringo church. Gringo church just means our team here in Honduras meets and has church. I love it. Mike preached out of 1 Samuel 9 today and talked about how sometimes God has to 'move our donkeys' in order for us to be in his will. We must be obedient and follow where he has us going, because HIS plans are whats best for us. ( you should read it, its good stuff)
After church I did a little workout on the roof,  which led to me getting locked up there. So I just sat in the sun hoping someone would come looking for me. Luckily, William did, about 52 minutes later.
 After that we headed to the RIVER! Okay, I knew Honduras was beautiful, but for real this was SO pretty. We had to drive on a dirt road for a long time to get there, and i was in the truck bed, but the bumpy ride was totally worth it. We ate lunch there and then jumped off rocks and swam in the river. Banged up shins, strong currents, little fish, were all part of the experience. The locals made swimming through the water look so easy but when us gringos try it, its not quite as simple. The river was so fun.  You just start at a high part of the current and pick your feet up and let it take you down the river. We had a good time.
While at the river it was hot and sunny, and then as soon as we were leaving it started getting cloudy. And like I said, I was riding in the truck bed. Well then Honduras happened and it started POURING rain. Like down pouring POURING rain. I was like oh well, I'm already wet from the river; but the rain water was freeeezing. All I could do was laugh about how miserable it was back there. Cold, soaking wet, and rain pelting me in the face. Once we got back to the dorms, the thought of a warm shower sounded lovely, and then I remembered I dont have a warm shower.  So a cold one would have to do the trick.
Now, its sunny and clear skies again. Yup, that is Honduras for ya. I love Honduras' crazy weather, I love always riding in the back of a truck,  I love the landscape, I love the people, the culture. It all makes my heart so happy and full of joy.
I cant believe it's almost been a month since Ive been here. Time is flying. I'm soaking up every second I  get here..
beauty.

 Today i took the 'soaking up every second i get here' a little too seriously..



No comments:

Post a Comment